Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheldon99
Visitor
Visitor

compile error Can't find XPM_FIFO_SYNC

Jump to solution

I am using Vivado 18.2

When compiling a project to target the AWS F1, I get a message: “can’t find XPM_FIFO_SYNC”

This works when I don’t use block design. Now I have the code in a Module in the Block Design and it gives this error.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
graces

When using the Project Mode, the Vivado tool will parse the files added to the project and will automatically recognize the XPMs. However, when using XPMs in the Non-Project mode you must issue the auto_detect_xpm command prior to reading or importing source files.

In addition, the macro is in lower case: "xpm_fifo_sync". You can refer to Vivado Language Templates or UG974 for instantiation template.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
graces

When using the Project Mode, the Vivado tool will parse the files added to the project and will automatically recognize the XPMs. However, when using XPMs in the Non-Project mode you must issue the auto_detect_xpm command prior to reading or importing source files.

In addition, the macro is in lower case: "xpm_fifo_sync". You can refer to Vivado Language Templates or UG974 for instantiation template.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.

View solution in original post

sheldon99
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you very much, that worked.

Case Closed

0 Kudos
sheldon99
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you very much

0 Kudos