cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkachar
Participant
Participant

how to run *.xcllbin file without host calling the file!

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I recently generated a '*.xclbin' file starting from Vivado_HLS (vitis bottom top approach). My question, is it really required to generate a host file so as to accept this .xclbin file to run on my targetted platform, cant i just run the .xclbin file?

If there is any way to do this please let me know.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
graces

The .xclbin is FPGA binary for kernel code. This is in the context of application accelaration. 

If you would like to run something in the hardware alone, you need to turn to the standard HLS+Vivado flow, which generates bitstream.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hongh

You have to call kernel logic in FPGA with a host code. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
graces

The .xclbin is FPGA binary for kernel code. This is in the context of application accelaration. 

If you would like to run something in the hardware alone, you need to turn to the standard HLS+Vivado flow, which generates bitstream.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos