cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidfi1
Adventurer
Adventurer

vitis 2019.2 platform mb0_bsp.xpfm is invalid

I am using vitis 2019.2when making a clean build I get the massage: platform mb0_bsp.xpfm is invalidUntitled.jpg

What could be the reason?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
stephenm

Can you share the XSA file so we can take a look? Or, just the TCL to rebuild your Block Design?

0 Kudos
lander60654
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on this one? I am getting the same error after re-exporting an updated xsa. I've done the Update Hardware Specification in Vitis then cleaned and re-built the platform.

0 Kudos
lander60654
Contributor
Contributor

I tried Reset BSP Sources and got this error also. Maybe something wrong with my build. It passed Validation and generated the bit file without error.

Error occurred while generating bsp sources for the domain 'standalone_domain'.
Error: Hw specification provided does not have the HwDb, please check:C:/Projects/Invest/mb_bpi/mb_subsystem_wrapper.xsa

0 Kudos
mansuramin
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello 

I too am experiencing this error. 

After I export .xsa file from vivado 2019.2 and generate a project in Vitis. Things are smooth and hello world prints out. 

Then I rexport the same .xsa file using vivado and update the hardware platform on vitis 2019.2 and boom, error pops up. 

This is very annoying to have to not being able to update the hardware platform reliably. currently I have to generate a new project all the time.  

0 Kudos
arashr
Explorer
Explorer

0 Kudos
tschesnok
Observer
Observer

Any update on this? In 2019.2 when I update the hardware via "Update Hardware Specification" the project blows up as described here. I'm on Ubuntu (all proper versions).

Currently I just start a new project platform every time I make a hardware change (even just a clock speed change) and import the old zynq application. This is quicker/more reliable than other solutions described on Forums.

Why does Xilinx hate us? Someone decided that updating your hardware specification was a fringe case?

0 Kudos
olupj
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @stephenm, @davidfi1, others.

I get this as well - but not every time I update the XSA.

This error pops up - and I haven't changed the BD from the memory map perspective.

I mention the lack of address changes as the application still builds correctly and works.

Still interested in the XSA issue and implications.

Using Ubuntu 18.04 and the block diagram is a subdesign in the system.

-Jerry

0 Kudos