Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkat_vs2k2
Adventurer
Adventurer

write_hw_platform does not include .mmi file inside the XSA archive

Hi,

I am using Vivado 2019.2 . In my Vivado PNR Tcl script, I have a write_mem_info command after route_design that generates a .mmi file.  

I then use the following command to generate .xsa file after write_bitstream. 

write_hw_platform -force -fixed ./FPGA.xsa -include_bit

When I unzip the .xsa, I find that the .mmi file inside the xsa archive is blank empty. The .mmi file generated by write_mem_info however, correctly has all the information.  

I do not see this problem with Vivado 2019.1.1 where I use the following command to generate a hdf, and has a specific option to include the .mmi file inside .hdf

write_sysdef -force -hwdef FPGA.hwdef -bitfile ./FPGA.bit -meminfo ./FPGA.mmi -file ./FPGA.hdf. 

So why doesn't write_hw_platform correctly include the contents of the .mmi file inside the xsa? And How do I correctly include the contents of the generated .mmi file inside .xsa? 

Can any SDK expert help me with this? 

Thanks

Venkat 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stephenm

Can you check the contents of the MMI in the impl_1 directory in your Vivado project.

for example:

project_1\project_1.runs\impl_1

Is this empty too?

0 Kudos
venkat_vs2k2
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @stephenm , 

I am running my design in non-project mode. So I do not have the project_1\project_1.runs\impl_1 folder. 

I run the following commands in my PNR Tcl script in non-project mode in Vivado  2019.2: link_design; opt_design; place_design; route_design; write_mem_info <file.mmi>; write_bitstream; write_hw_platform 

Like I mentioned earlier, when I check the contents of the output of write_mem_info command <file.mmi>, I correctly see all the information inside file.mmi. 

However, when I unzip the contents of .xsa file, and open the file.mmi inside the xsa archive, I see that the file is empty. 

Is there a way to tell the command write_hw_platform to include correctly the file.mmi inside the archive?  just like we could with write_sysdef -meminfo?  Could you pls help? 

Thanks

Venkat 

0 Kudos