Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eejlny
Contributor
Contributor

zcu102 ACP port

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was trying to use the ACP port with SDSoC and the zcu102 board. The platform provided is missing the ACP port so I added it with:

sdsoc::pfm_axi_port $pfm S_AXI_ACP_FPD ps_e S_AXI_ACP

and run the tcl script to get the modified platform. This created the correct platform and I could implement the design that uses the ACP ports with the corresponding pragma.

The resulting design does not obtain the correct results.  It works correctly if I use the AFI ports and not ACP.

I have also tried with the provided standalone design for 32x32 matrix mult and once I use the ACP ports there is an error like:

sh-4.3# ./small_matrix.elf
./small_matrix.elf
Testing 1024 iterations of 32x32 floating point mmult...
ERROR: Simple DMA transfer failure: Slave error accessing p-address 1074294784

I was wondering if there is a problem with the ACP port and for that reason the provided platform for zcu102 does not include it or if I have to do something else to be able to do this correctly ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sskalick
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi eejlny,

For the 2016.4 version of SDSoC, only the HP ports are officially supported for all data movers (simple DMA, SG DMA, etc..). ACP was not enabled in the default platforms because it is not supported yet in SDSoC.

Sam

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sskalick
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi eejlny,

For the 2016.4 version of SDSoC, only the HP ports are officially supported for all data movers (simple DMA, SG DMA, etc..). ACP was not enabled in the default platforms because it is not supported yet in SDSoC.

Sam

View solution in original post

eejlny
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the clarification
0 Kudos
efraim
Observer
Observer

It appears nothing has changed in the SDx 2017.2 so far. Still the same error when ACP is enabled.

0 Kudos
skalicky
Explorer
Explorer
Enabling the ACP port for MPSoC is still on the todo list for SDSoC. I have heard that some customers have set it up manually (outside of SDSoC). But it does require configuring some system resources like SMMU, IOMMU, etc that are not currently being setup in SDSoC so it may be difficult to do manually.

Sam
0 Kudos