UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Build error with SDSoC 2016.4 new installation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am unable to build projects that were working without any problem on the 2016.3 version. What's the problem?

C:\Xilinx\Projects\HVDC_MMC\Debug>exit /b 0 
INFO: [SDSoC 0-0] Compiling C:/Xilinx/Projects/HVDC_MMC/src/main.cpp
arm-none-eabi-g++.exe: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
ERROR: [SDSoC 0-0] Exiting sds++ : Error when calling 'arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -I../src -Wall -O0 -g -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -D __SDSCC__ -MTC:/Xilinx/Projects/HVDC_MMC/Debug/src/main.o -MFC:/Xilinx/Projects/HVDC_MMC/Debug/src/main.d -MTC:/Xilinx/Projects/HVDC_MMC/Debug/src/main.o -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfpu=vfpv3 -mfloat-abi=hard    -I C:/Xilinx/SDx/2016.4/aarch32-none/include  -I C:/Xilinx/SDx/2016.4/Vivado_HLS/include C:/Xilinx/Projects/HVDC_MMC/src/main.cpp -o src/main.o'
sds++ log file saved as C:/Xilinx/Projects/HVDC_MMC/Debug/_sds/reports/sds_main.log
ERROR: [SDSoC 0-0] Build failed

make: *** [src/main.o] Erreur 1

The environment variable PATH has the right address to the GCC compiler (C:\Program Files (x86)\EGCS\bin). I don't know what's going on.

Thanks,

Cerilet

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Build error with SDSoC 2016.4 new installation

Jump to solution

Ok, I have found the problem.

It resulted from a program called EGCS (Experimental/Enhanced GNU Compiler System). I installed it as a prerequisite for PSCAD (Power Systems CAD) along with a FORTRAN Compiler.

Just remove it, restart the computer and you'll be fine ;-)

Best regards,

Cerilet

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi cerilet,

Can you attach the file:

C:/Xilinx/Projects/HVDC_MMC/Debug/_sds/reports/sds_main.log

Sam

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Ok, I have found the problem.

It resulted from a program called EGCS (Experimental/Enhanced GNU Compiler System). I installed it as a prerequisite for PSCAD (Power Systems CAD) along with a FORTRAN Compiler.

Just remove it, restart the computer and you'll be fine ;-)

Best regards,

Cerilet