UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer dat63
Observer

Compilation problem in SDSoC and zcu104 reVISION platform

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm facing a really annoying problem with the porting in HW of a very simple function that iterates on all the pixels of an input image and outputs a resulting image with pixels with values that are half of the original value. The function is not useful at all but I used it to test the complete procedure to run a function in HW. The strange thing is that if I insert the function in one of the live examples (filter2d) everything works fine but if I make a new project based on the zcu104 reVision platform I get always the same error during compilation:

C:/Xilinx/SDK/2018.2/gnu/aarch64/nt/aarch64-linux/aarch64-linux-gnu/include/c++/7.2.1\bits/move.h:48:14: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_addressof'
    { return __builtin_addressof(__r); }

I checked the compilation options in the two cases, i.e. filter2d and the new project but they look exactly the same.

Any help will be really appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer dat63
Observer

Re: Compilation problem in SDSoC and zcu104 reVISION platform

Jump to solution

Hi @agary,

thanks for the support, but I eventually solved by simply moving the function to be accelerated into a separated .cpp file and starting with a new project. It worked but I don't know why

BR

DaT63

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Observer agary
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello @dat63

I'm not an expert at all but you mentioned: "Any help will be really appreciated".

According to this link, it looks like that the problem is about your compiler version since the "__builtin_addressof" is relatively new. So I recommend you to solve the problem with one of the methods mentioned via the link.

Agary 

0 Kudos
Observer dat63
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi agary,

I tried the suggestion mentioned in your link but with no result, because other errors pop up and I am a bit worried to modify the toolchain include file. I attach a copy of the simple function and the main if someone can help. If I do not select the function to be implemented in HW the compilation is OK otherwise I get the annoying error:

C:/Xilinx/SDK/2018.2/gnu/aarch64/nt/aarch64-linux/aarch64-linux-gnu/include/c++/7.2.1\bits/move.h:48:14: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_addressof'
    { return __builtin_addressof(__r); }

I am using the xf_bilateral_filter example in order to have the reVISION Platform already setup. I simply removed the existing main with the code hereinafter:

#pragma SDS data mem_attribute(rgb_in:NON_CACHEABLE|PHYSICAL_CONTIGUOUS)
#pragma SDS data copy(rgb_in[0:nPixels])
#pragma SDS data access_pattern(rgb_in:SEQUENTIAL)
#pragma SDS data mem_attribute("gray_out.data":NON_CACHEABLE|PHYSICAL_CONTIGUOUS)
#pragma SDS data copy("gray_out.data"[0:"gray_out.size"])
#pragma SDS data access_pattern("gray_out.data":SEQUENTIAL)
void rgb24togray8(ap_uint<8> *rgb_in, xf::Mat<XF_8UC1, HEIGHT, WIDTH, XF_NPPC1> &gray_out, int nPixels)
{
 int i;
 unsigned short aveVal;
 for(i=0; i<nPixels; i++)
 {
#pragma HLS pipeline II=1
  aveVal=*(rgb_in+i*3)+*(rgb_in+1+i*3)+*(rgb_in+2+i*3);
  gray_out.data[i]=(char)(aveVal/3);
 }
}
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
 cv::Mat in_img;
 xf::Mat<TYPE, HEIGHT, WIDTH*3, NPC1> *_src;
 xf::Mat<TYPE, HEIGHT, WIDTH, NPC1> *_dst;
 if(argc != 2)
 {
  printf("Usage: <executable> <input image path> \n");
  return -1;
 }
 in_img = cv::imread(argv[1], 1); // reading in the color image
 if(!in_img.data)
 {
  printf("Failed to load the image ... !!!\n");
  return -1;
 }
 uint16_t width = in_img.cols;
 uint16_t height = in_img.rows;
 _src=new xf::Mat<TYPE, HEIGHT, WIDTH*3, NPC1>(height, width*3);
 _dst = new xf::Mat<TYPE, HEIGHT, WIDTH, NPC1>(height, width);
 _src->copyTo(in_img.data);
 rgb24togray8((ap_uint<8>*)in_img.data,  *_dst, width*height);
 xf::imwrite("hls_out.bmp",*_dst);
 printf("Done...\n");
 return 0;
}
0 Kudos
Observer agary
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello @dat63,

I'm doing my best to find a way out of this maze for you. But I think finally Xilinx experts should solve your problem.

After reading more about the error, now I think the problem is about "gray_out" argument. For testing purposes, is it possible for you to replace it with some types other than a template (maybe creating a struct is not a bad idea)?

Best regards,

Agary

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer dat63
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @agary,

thanks for the support, but I eventually solved by simply moving the function to be accelerated into a separated .cpp file and starting with a new project. It worked but I don't know why

BR

DaT63

View solution in original post

Visitor mtrang
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi dat63,

I also have the same problem you're having, can you describe in more detail how you fixed it?

Thanks

0 Kudos