cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Formidable experience with Vitis

I started a Vitis sw project, a HelloWorld for the RPU.... maybe the 1000th in my life... Eight lines of code and doesn't compile... guys... you've been around since 1984, haven't you?

make all 
Building file: ../src/helloworld.c
Invoking: ARM R5 gcc compiler
armr5-none-eabi-gcc -DARMR5 -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -MT"src/helloworld.o" -mcpu=cortex-r5 -mfloat-abi=hard  -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -I/home/joan/workspace2/ptfm_te0803/export/ptfm_te0803/sw/ptfm_te0803/RPU0/bspinclude/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/helloworld.d" -MT"src/helloworld.o" -o "src/helloworld.o" "../src/helloworld.c"
../src/helloworld.c:50:10: fatal error: xil_printf.h: No such file or directory
 #include "xil_printf.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
src/subdir.mk:24: recipe for target 'src/helloworld.o' failed
make: *** [src/helloworld.o] Error 1

Second thing: when building the system it also fails when trying to run some 'sd_card' target I know nothing about:

make all 
Generating bif file for the system project
Executing command '::scw::generate_bif -xpfm /home/joan/workspace2/ptfm_te0803/export/ptfm_te0803/ptfm_te0803.xpfm -domains RPU0 -bifpath /home/joan/workspace2/SltFsmTest01_system/Debug/system.bif' on XSCT
sdcard_gen --xpfm /home/joan/workspace2/ptfm_te0803/export/ptfm_te0803/ptfm_te0803.xpfm --sys_config ptfm_te0803 --bif /home/joan/workspace2/SltFsmTest01_system/Debug/system.bif --bitstream /home/joan/workspace2/SltFsmTest01/_ide/bitstream/zusys_wrapper.bit --elf /home/joan/workspace2/SltFsmTest01/Debug/SltFsmTest01.elf,psu_cortexr5_0
ELF does not exist: /home/joan/workspace2/SltFsmTest01/Debug/SltFsmTest01.elf
makefile:37: recipe for target 'sd_card' failed
make: *** [sd_card] Error 1

Third: I cannot see the build targets, where are they?
Fourth: How to activate the outline pane that SDK had?

Unless you show me my ignorance, my opinion of Vitis is that it is to SDK what Windows Vista was to XP

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Formidable experience with Vitis

nevertheless in SDK is a breeze:

Untitled picture.png

0 Kudos