UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor c.timothy
Visitor

HLS kernel connected through pipes with per-kernel host control

Jump to solution

I am looking for an equivalence of the following except with HLS kernels.

https://github.com/Xilinx/SDAccel_Examples/blob/master/getting_started/dataflow/dataflow_pipes_ocl/src/adder.cl

I have read the following post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/SDAccel/OpenCL-pipes-equivalent-for-HLS-kernels/td-p/706580

The post proposes using a top level module with data flow, which connects each submodule together through pipes. The only problem is the I want to have better dynamic control on the host side on what is executed on each kernel. I want  that each individual kernel be able to respond to the host when it completes, and the host can send in arguments and launch each individual HLS kernels dynamically.

The example with OpenCL kernel seems to be able to achieve that, but I couldn't find an example with multiple HLS kernels connected through pipes that also allow host control to each individual kernel (without top level module).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HLS kernel connected through pipes with per-kernel host control

Jump to solution

Pipe is only supported in OpenCL and RTL kernels. It is not supported by HLS C/C++ kernels.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HLS kernel connected through pipes with per-kernel host control

Jump to solution

Pipe is only supported in OpenCL and RTL kernels. It is not supported by HLS C/C++ kernels.