UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer mnsgs
Observer

Installation of program_flash

Hi,

Prior to the introduction of Vitis, I used to install XSDK to gain access to program_flash used for flashing zynq/zynqmp targets through JTAG. Disc consumption was about 7GB, which appears an extreme overhead given that I need just the small CLI utility - I could however live with that.

Now, the Vitis web installer initially allows me to choose between Vivado and Vitis, but despite choosing Vitis, Vivado installation is forced - please refer below screenshot

Screenshot from 2019-11-08 12-33-52.png

and as a consequence I need to install ~90GB of data to gain access to program_flash tool - why am I not allowed to install Vitis without Vivado (as was the case for XSDK)?

It is obvious, that I am missing something here - what is the recommended means for program_flash installation? https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2019_2/vitis_doc/Chunk350813355.html#dxp1543754625265 describes:

"Xilinx Software Command-line Tool (XSCT) can be installed using the small self-extracting web install executable binary distribution file. The installer file bears the name Xilinx_vitis_<version>_Lin64.BIN, where <version> indicates the Vitis IDE version number."

But from where do I download this web installer allowing installation of just XSCT?

Martin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer mnsgs
Observer

Re: Installation of program_flash

No response from Xilinx? There must be a better way to get hold of just program_flash...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos