UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor podd
Visitor

Retargetting C-Callable Library example onto ZCU102 board

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to get to grips with being able to package HDL in Vivado IP Packager for use as a C-Callable Library within SDSoC and have successfully got the example to work for the zc702.

I would like to get the same example to work for the zcu102 board as this is the hardware i have access to. I have tried putting the same verilog sources and constraints into vivado and packaging for compatibility with the zcu102 board but i have not been able to successfully implement it as a C-Callable library.

The closest i got was a build that got most of the way through synthesis and failed on a hold time violation.

Is there a solution for retargetting the array copy example from this guide:

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_2/sdsoc_doc/c-callable-libraries-zah1504034388097.html

to be compatible with the zcu102 board?

Harry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Retargetting C-Callable Library example onto ZCU102 board

Jump to solution

Hi @podd,

For the GUI flow, did you mark support for MPSoC, or was it only providing the default of Zynq?

Is this the axilite_arraycopy sample from the install area (the command you use looks like it, but if you can confirm that would be great)?

Look at the IP's component.xml file (ip/component.xml) and search for "supportedFamilies". If it lists only 1 part, then that means the IP generated will only support platforms and devices that use that part. If you're savvy with modifying IP component.xml, you can fix this yourself, but it is not a supported flow of modifying the component.xml outside of Vivado. This is mostly due to how the IP is created. For an example, if an IP uses specific features of Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC that are not in the Zynq-7000, then that means you cannot make modifications without running into compiling issues.

Thanks

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @podd,

C-Callable Library uses a packaged IP from Vivado. This means that in the Vivado IP Packager you select the family of devices you want use, so for your case, you want to use Zynq-7000 and Zynq MPSoC devices in the IP. From there, you can use sdx_pack to specifically target one of the devices (you can always re-run sdx_pack with a different part, but as long as the packaged IP you created contains both Zynq devices, you should be fine).

Hope that helps.

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor podd
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi @sgrace,

I have tried to recreate the example implementation and to use sdx_pack to create the library. Beforehand I was using the sdx gui and it successfully created the example library.

Creating it with the sdx_pack command:

/APPS/Xilinx/2018.2/SDx/2018.2/bin/sdx_pack -header arraycopy.hpp -lib libarraycopy.a -func arraycopy -map A=A:in -map B=B:out -map M=s_axi_lite:in:16 -func-end -ip ../ip/component.xml -control AXI=s_axi_lite:0 -target-family zynq -target-cpu cortex-a9 -target-os standalone

I am getting the following error:

ERROR: [SdxPack 83-5812] Exiting sdx_pack : Error when calling 'sds++ -c -sds-hw arraycopy /home/T0202517/AXI/arraycopy/src/src/.Xil/rtl/arraycopy.cpp -ip-map /home/T0202517/AXI/arraycopy/src/src/.Xil/rtl/arraycopy.all.fcnmap.xml -vlnv xilinx.com:rtl:arraycopy:1.0 -ip-params /home/T0202517/AXI/arraycopy/src/src/.Xil/rtl/arraycopy.all.params.xml -ip-repo /home/T0202517/AXI/arraycopy/src/ip  -target-os standalone -target-cpu cortex-a9 -sds-end -sdslib /home/T0202517/AXI/arraycopy/src/src/.Xil/rtl/arraycopy.cpp -I/home/T0202517/AXI/arraycopy/src/src -o /home/T0202517/AXI/arraycopy/src/src/.Xil/sdx/arraycopy.o'

As well as this, is there a clear way to be able to repackage the example in Vivado to work with a zynquplus device?

Thanks,

Harry

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @podd,

For the GUI flow, did you mark support for MPSoC, or was it only providing the default of Zynq?

Is this the axilite_arraycopy sample from the install area (the command you use looks like it, but if you can confirm that would be great)?

Look at the IP's component.xml file (ip/component.xml) and search for "supportedFamilies". If it lists only 1 part, then that means the IP generated will only support platforms and devices that use that part. If you're savvy with modifying IP component.xml, you can fix this yourself, but it is not a supported flow of modifying the component.xml outside of Vivado. This is mostly due to how the IP is created. For an example, if an IP uses specific features of Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC that are not in the Zynq-7000, then that means you cannot make modifications without running into compiling issues.

Thanks

Steve

View solution in original post

Visitor podd
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hi Steve,

This is the axis_arraycopy sample from the install area.

Thanks
Harry
0 Kudos