UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Running Xilinx>Vivado-Integration > Open-Vivado-Project when using non default installation location

Jump to solution

Dear Forum,

Due to space constraints on my laptop, I have not been able to install SDX under the default /opt/Xilinx/SDx/2018.2/... structure. Instead, the complete installation is to be found under mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/SDx/2018.2/.....

Upon launching a new shell, I am automatically running the settings64.sh, found atmnt/bulk/xSDX2018/SDx/2018.2/... and I can run 

$ which vivado sdx xsdk
/mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/Vivado/2018.2/bin/vivado
/mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/SDx/2018.2/bin/sdx
/mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/SDK/2018.2/bin/xsdk

Further the sdx tools appear to start up and run as expected.

However, the one operation that fails within the SDx tool, is the Xilinx>Vivado-Integration > Open-Vivado-Project.

In the console I can see that this operation is trying to launch Vivado from /opt/Xilinx/SDx/2018.2/bin/....

Can anyone tell me how I can redirect this one operation to run from /mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/SDx/2018.2/bin/

Regards,

DJE666

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Running Xilinx>Vivado-Integration > Open-Vivado-Project when using non default installation location

Jump to solution

Dear Colleagues,

echo $XILINX_VIVADO
/mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/Vivado/2018.2

The solution is to use a Symbolic link to automatically redirect the tool to use my installation path. As per instructions from one of my colleagues.....

Navigate to cd /opt/Xilinx/

No SDX folder is present.

Run the command

ln -S /mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/SDX .

The . at the end of the command is very important!!!

This creates a symbolic link between my installation and the default location, and now Vivado opens from within SDAccel.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Re: Running Xilinx>Vivado-Integration > Open-Vivado-Project when using non default installation location

Jump to solution
Please check the current environment variable "XILINX_VIVADO" in the terminal first:
Ex:
echo $XILINX_VIVADO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Dear Colleagues,

echo $XILINX_VIVADO
/mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/Vivado/2018.2

The solution is to use a Symbolic link to automatically redirect the tool to use my installation path. As per instructions from one of my colleagues.....

Navigate to cd /opt/Xilinx/

No SDX folder is present.

Run the command

ln -S /mnt/bulk/xSDX2018/SDX .

The . at the end of the command is very important!!!

This creates a symbolic link between my installation and the default location, and now Vivado opens from within SDAccel.

View solution in original post