UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDSoC C callable library utilization

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have utilized one of the xfopencv examples and accelerated a function, After that, I created a SDx Library project and imported sources for it to be C callable library. While doing that, I gave auto created hdl codes of the aforementioned project to the library project. I also gave the hpp file of the hw function. By this means, I was planning to get an .a library file which includes the features of the ip and I would be able to use it elsewhere. After doing all these, I created a test project and utilized the .a library that I have created and run the same implementation as it was done in the first application project(the one I accelerated without created a library or .a). It was successful but the timing was disaster. On hardware, it takes 35seconds which is awful. I was  planning to get the same timing result as I have obtained without library(it was 1ms). Why would be the reason?

Thanks a lot for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: SDSoC C callable library utilization

Jump to solution
I solved my issue by creating shared library instead of creating C callable library. Do not use auto generated hardware to create library. At that time, you won't be able to control it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

What I understood is that the IP is not being controlled. When we check arraycopy example of Xilinx(https://blog.hackster.io/microzed-chronicles-sdsoc-c-callable-libraries-eb8180e890c8) we can see that at some point, accelerator control can be selected. However, I was not able to set it, I do not know why. After running the test project, I did not get any data_motion_network report too. Then, it means my IP cannot be controlled. Is there a way to set it without changing the IP because IP is auto generated and I don't tend to change it.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
I solved my issue by creating shared library instead of creating C callable library. Do not use auto generated hardware to create library. At that time, you won't be able to control it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos