UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mdouglas
Visitor

SDSoC build project failed

Jump to solution

I am following one of the reference tutorials for the Ultra96/Avnet Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC using the Xilinx Vivavado SDSoC
(Tools 2018.2, Training Version v3, 18 Aug 2018)
This is in Lab 1, Experiment 2 Creating the Matrix Multiply Project for u96_avnet. I am following this to the letter except for choosing the u96_avnet platform instead of the mz_avnet platform. I get the errors below. Could this be an issue in the hardware platform from avnet or the Xilinx Matrix Multiply template, or the SDSoC tool (2018.2)?
Any clue? Errors below (either Debug or Release, same results). Thanks!

INFO: [PragmaGen 83-3231] Successfully generated tcl script: C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel.tcl

Moving function mmult_accel to Programmable Logic

ERROR: [SdsCompiler 83-5031] Problem detected in Vivado HLS run - unable to find solution implementation directory for mmult_accel C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel/solution/impl/ip. For possible causes, review C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel/solution/solution.log or C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel_vivado_hls.log.

C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel_vivado_hls.log (last 20 lines):

INFO: [HLS 200-10] Creating and opening project 'C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel'.

INFO: [HLS 200-10] Adding design file 'C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/src/mmult.cpp' to the project

INFO: [HLS 200-10] Creating and opening solution 'C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel/solution'.

INFO: [HLS 200-10] Cleaning up the solution database.

INFO: [HLS 200-10] Setting target device to ' xczu3eg-sbva484-1-e '

INFO: [SYN 201-201] Setting up clock 'default' with a period of 10ns.

INFO: [SYN 201-201] Setting up clock 'default' with an uncertainty of 2.7ns.

INFO: [HLS 200-10] Analyzing design file 'C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/src/mmult.cpp' ... 

invalid command name "log_puts_err"

while executing

"source C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel_run.tcl"

invoked from within

"hls::main C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/vhls/mmult_accel_run.tcl -l mmult_accel_vivado_hls.log"

("uplevel" body line 1)

invoked from within

"uplevel 1 hls::main {*}$args"

(procedure "hls_proc" line 5)

invoked from within

"hls_proc $argv"

INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting vivado_hls at Thu Sep 13 14:01:15 2018...

sds++ log file saved as C:/Users/MDouglas/workspace3/U96MM/Release/_sds/reports/sds_mmult.log

ERROR: [SdsCompiler 83-5004] Build failed

make: *** [src/mmult.o] Error 1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor mdouglas
Visitor

Re: SDSoC build project failed

Jump to solution

Turns out that this failure is due to the configuration of workstations by our IT department. It works perfectly fine on my home PC. I suspect the anti-virus software (Sophos) is disallowing some functionality. The reason I suspect this is that the antivirus software on my home PC (Windows Defender) warned me about something (seemed to be something having to do with eclipse) but it let me override it.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mdouglas,

Can you post the contents of the HLS log file (mmult_accel_vivado_hls.log)? There could be something in the files or includes that are being transfered to Vivado HLS that is not supported.

Thanks

Steve

Visitor mdouglas
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Sure thing.

I also tried building a different hardware platform (MiniZed - mz_avnet) with the same error.

Thanks,

marion

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
I tried to dig a bit more, but could not reproduce it using just the Xilinx platforms and example design.

Can you link to the platform you're using?
0 Kudos
Visitor mdouglas
Visitor

Jump to solution

I'm using SDSoc 2018.2, Platform Files in the .zip attached below. I am building for the ultra96 platform

Could it be something like some component is not licensed or not present, but instead of telling me that, I get this strange error?

If you're not able to reproduce it, there must be something wrong with my environment.

Thanks,

marion

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
It's possible the environment might be messed up or a missing license; however, my concern is this part of the error: invalid command name "log_puts_err"

This is telling me something is getting into the build flow at HLS that shouldn't be there (sort of like adding include files that HLS doesn't know how to compile).

I'll give your new ZIP a try and let you know what I find.

Steve
0 Kudos
Visitor mdouglas
Visitor

Jump to solution

Update: There has been an update to the SDSoC Platform on http://zedboard.org/support/design/24166/156 for Ultra96 (SDSoc Ultrascale+) because the previous one tried to use ACP which will not be supported until SDx 2018.3 (according to what I hear) The update incorrectly uses "ultra96v1" as the board name instead of "ultra96", so I went and changed all instances of "ultra96v1" to "ultra96".

Still I get the same error on Windows. I tried a brand new Windows installation on a brand new Windows workstation, but still get the same error.

As we plan to use Linux to automate builds, I went to Linux installation of SDSoC and it works correctly there, so it seems as if maybe some prerequisite install on Windows may be missing? Maybe this provides an important data point? 

Thanks,

marion

0 Kudos
Visitor mdouglas
Visitor

Jump to solution

Turns out that this failure is due to the configuration of workstations by our IT department. It works perfectly fine on my home PC. I suspect the anti-virus software (Sophos) is disallowing some functionality. The reason I suspect this is that the antivirus software on my home PC (Windows Defender) warned me about something (seemed to be something having to do with eclipse) but it let me override it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue on my windows 10 SDx install, do you have a suggested fix?

0 Kudos