Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Ubuntu 18.04.3

Using Vivado and Vitis:

I see that Ubuntu 18.04 is supported but not in its most recent version (18.04.3). While for me its a bit odd, I try to understand the reason and most important the limitations if used anyway.

Are there known issues with Ubuntu 18.04.3?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Ubuntu 18.04.3

I have used the latest version of ubuntu for Vitis without issue. Are you seeing a problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I installed vivado/vitis on my ubuntu 18.04.3 and I am using it right now. So far it seems to work.

Yet I am interested in the reason that Xilinx keeps hanging on obsolete system versions. As release 4 is already at the door I was wondering if minor releases really are important and and if so how. This is not criticism, I simply seek knoledge to maybe even have the competence to decide for myself if it is worth to postpone an update with all the security risks involved comaped to the risk of a broken dev environment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Supported versions are not the latest. It takes time and money, that shouldn't surprise.

I'm also breaking the rules and using 18.04.3 instead of the officially supported 18.04. 

Honestly... 'supported version' doesn't mean error-free, it's just they did some testing with it, not exhaustive at all, you are going to find weird things using either anyways, so I wouldn't give a flick.