UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant mkaiser
Participant

Using enqueueReadBuffer with offset fails in Emulation-SW

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am still new to OpenCL Programming with SDAccel and currently experience some issues with enqueueReadBuffer.
It looks like setting the parameter "size_t offset" to anything besides zeros, e.g., when trying to chunk a large data transaction into smaller pieces, results in reading partially invalid dat (Tested in Emulation-SW)

For a minimal example I slightly modified the standard example "Vector Addition" provided by the 2018.2 SDX GUI. Please find the used files and the diffs attached. Changes:
- Kernel: Use incrementing values instead of a vector addition (makes visual debug easier)
- Host: Added defines "ORIGINAL_VERSION" and "READ_AS_A_BLOCK" to quickly change between implementations. It works with ORIGINAL_VERSION defined as well as READ_AS_A_BLOCK defined.
- Host: Use enqueueReadBuffer instead of enqueueMigrateMemObjects

When I set the buffer offset to zero and read the complete buffer it works (uncomment the #defines ORIGINAL_VERSION and READ_AS_BLOCK). As soon as the Chunking is enabled, only the first chunk (with offset zero) is read. To enable the chunking just disable the #define READ_AS_BLOCK.

A CPU-Implementation of the vadd example with Visual Studio works fine.

Any clues?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Using enqueueReadBuffer with offset

Jump to solution

This should have been fixed in 2018.3, which is scheduled to be released in Dec.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Participant mkaiser
Participant

Jump to solution

Here comes the second part of the files (because only 6 are allowed/post)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I am looking into this. There were couple of changes that have gone through in the latest build which might have corrected this.

I will check and keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Participant mkaiser
Participant

Jump to solution
Do you have any updates? Could you reproduce the errors?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

This should have been fixed in 2018.3, which is scheduled to be released in Dec.

Regards,
brucey
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant mkaiser
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi, 

just checked with 2018.3. The bug has been fixed :)

Thanks!

0 Kudos