UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

custom struucture problem

Jump to solution

I have a structure :

typedef struct point
{
    float x[320]
} D_point

I define a variable in my kernel like this:

D_point example

I wonder does the compiler use register or Bram to create this "example"?

Is there a pragam(like #pragma HLS array_partition) that can patition the "example" to make all the elements be accessed in parallel?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: custom struucture problem

Jump to solution

There is no way to directly specify an array as registers. What you can do is to use 'array_partition complete' pragma to achieve that, like you already pointed out.  

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

HLS tool will decide if it is implemented in URAM/BRAM or LUTRAM(LUT and FF), if you would like to manually specify it, you may use below pragma:

#pragma HLS resource variable=x core=RAM_1P (The available core selections are available in HLS GUI)

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@yunl 

Thaks for your reply.

The GUI mentiones there are several memory choice:

-memory_style (auto|distribute|block|uram)

But I think all of them arr ram type.

What I want is spliting every element of the structure into to a single register.

Then I can accees all the elements simultaneously just like the ( #pragma HLS array_partition complete ) does.

Can i achieve that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

There is no way to directly specify an array as registers. What you can do is to use 'array_partition complete' pragma to achieve that, like you already pointed out.