UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer remy561
Observer

double vector format support

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I was trying to rewrite / cleanup my kernel by replacing all unrolled for-loops by vector calculations.
However, during compilation I receive the following error:

use of undeclared identifier 'double4'; did you mean 'double'?

According to the OpenCL Documentation, double4 is supported when using "#pragma OPENCL_EXTENSION cl_khr_fp64 : enable". Which is present in my code, as it works without issues with double precision variables in unrolled loops.

So, does SDAccel support the doubleN format?
And would the use of vector formats have any performance or area benefit over unrolled loops?

Kind regards,
Remy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: double vector format support

Jump to solution

Hello, 

doubleN is not supported.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: double vector format support

Jump to solution

Hello, 

doubleN is not supported.

Regards,
brucey
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post