cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

Another "executing analysis and compilation step" HANG problem!

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Trying to do RTL sim using MTI, in vivado 2019.2 

I've been looking over other posts for this issue and haven't come across a solution that works for my design. I was able to get past this problem a couple of times by changing RTL to remove errors and make vivado happy, but now I don't see any errors in my RTL nor messages that prohibit synthesis implementation or bitstream generation. And please don't ask me for a test case, nor my code.

I've done the usual reset's in the simulation right click, I've also done the hierarchy refresh and updates too. My flow is to go all the way through to bitstream generation and download to my device, I used to simulate outside of vivado but now want to sim inside the tool so I can do back annotated sims. 

Any help will be appreciated!!

--Ross

(new vivado user but lots experience w/ASIC)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

I opened the Tcl Console window and see error's, funny that the tool did not list these in messages!

So it looks like this is the solution?!

--

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

I see a new error message, so I suppose this is causing my hang

[filemgmt 20-1460] Files are not permitted to be moved into filesets that already contain the same file path name: snip

What do I need to do to resolve this, BTW this file has one module that is instan in tb, when the sim did not hang I got a error in MTI saying it couldn't find the compiled version of this module so I've been trying to figure out how to add it.

I tried to remove the file to get back to a non-hang simulation w/o luck.

--

0 Kudos
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

I have resolved the error message but sim still hang in "executing analysis and compilation step".

I saw another post where the moderator suggested deleting the viv_prj/viv_prj.runs/synth_2"

directory, I tried this but still have the hang problem. 

0 Kudos
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

I opened the Tcl Console window and see error's, funny that the tool did not list these in messages!

So it looks like this is the solution?!

--

View solution in original post

0 Kudos