Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Beginner Debug ?...Forcing input HI

Jump to solution

Hi

I seem to have got though simulation and some of the debug of my first project.   With the debug items that use the clock I get the debug output I would expect.  But want to force a marked debug signal HI so I can check if I am latching it in my block.  I can not find any refences how this is done.

Attached is a image of the circuit.  If you have any suggestions or questions please let me know...Thanks

Gus50310

Debug force input HI.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @gus50310

The suggestion is to use VIO core for providing the inputs to the design.

Check this product guide of VIO core: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/vio/v3_0/pg159-vio.pdf

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I suppose I should have indicated I am using the Vivado 2015.3 tool set

Gus50310

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @gus50310

The suggestion is to use VIO core for providing the inputs to the design.

Check this product guide of VIO core: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/vio/v3_0/pg159-vio.pdf

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi vappala

Thanks for the reply.  I just have not had a chance to check it out yet.

Thanks....Gus50310

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi yashp

Thanks for the reply.  I just have not had a chance to check it out yet.

Thanks....Gus50310

0 Kudos

Hi @gus50310,

Please go through Lab-3 of following link to get more information on using VIO core
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_2/ug936-vivado-tutorial-programming-debugging.pdf

Please let us know the outcomes after trying the above suggestions. Also let us know if you are facing any issues with the flow.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

HI vuppula - yashp - arpansur

After gathering the infromation I gleaned from looking at all the suggestions I believe I have the debug setup using the VIO IPs to confirm the logic is working the way I want.

Thanks....Gus50310

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos