UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie snowcrux

Can't install install_drivers

I install the cable drivers by using add design tool on Vivado 2014.4 and Windows 7 (64 bits, SP1), and the installation is succeeded.

But I can not connect a hardware (NEXYS 4 evaluation board) through open target command.

I re-open the add design tool, the "Install Cable Drivers" is not checked.

Could you tell me how I connect the hardware?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Can't install install_drivers

Hello,

Which cable are you using? i.e., Digilent cable or platform usb cable?

While connecting through the hw manager of Vivado, are you encountering any error message? 

Also check Vivado.log for any information (Vivado GUI --> File --> Open Log File)

After connecting the board using cable, check the device manager and confirm whether the cable drivers are installed successfully?

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,
Please check if below answer records are helpful for which discuss about cable driver installation
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54382.html
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54381.html
Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below link:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/Vivaldo-2013-3-on-Win-7-cable-driver-installation-failed/m-p/379067/highlight/true#M5086

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
Moving to correct board.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @snowcrux ,

Did you check responses for your query?

In case the issue is resolved, feel free to close the thread by marking the post helped as solution.

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos