UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant bmarsolais
Participant

ChipScope Pro Software Overview (with Labs) and Missing Signal mhertz_count<5>

Jump to solution

I'm going through the ChipScope Pro Software Overview (with Labs) video and following the directions in the lab1_Insertflow instructions.  On page A-10, it says to assign mhertz_count<0:5> to TP2 ( trigger port 2) channels 0:5.  However, when I do a search for "mhertz_count*", only bits 0:4 show up.  I checked the source code and this signal is defined as 0:5.  Why does mhertz_count<5> not show up in the ChipScope Select Nets screen?

Thanks

Thanks, Bob
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: ChipScope Pro Software Overview (with Labs) and Missing Signal mhertz_count<5>

Jump to solution

Hi,

in case of ise open the technology schematic and search for the mhertz_count. in your case signal is getting trimmed off.use keep attribute or(S attribute) to avoid trimming of the signal.

Regards,
Prathamesh

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: ChipScope Pro Software Overview (with Labs) and Missing Signal mhertz_count<5>

Jump to solution

Hi,

in case of ise open the technology schematic and search for the mhertz_count. in your case signal is getting trimmed off.use keep attribute or(S attribute) to avoid trimming of the signal.

Regards,
Prathamesh

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Please provide the User Guide link you are using so that we can cross check (as it is a tutorial file, we need to check the trimming)
Regards,
Debraj

0 Kudos
Participant bmarsolais
Participant

Jump to solution

I am using the zipped files downloaded using the link on your ChipscopePro online traing video webpage.  See the following link:

http://www.xilinx.com/training/free-video-courses.htm

The zip file is chipscope_lab_files_v12.zip

Thanks, Bob
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution
HI
Thanks for the link and i have looked into that lab files.as i told you signal was getting trimmed off just apply keep constraint will solve your problem.
attribute keep : string;
attribute KEEP of mhertz_count: signal is "TRUE";

Thanks,
Pratham
-Pratham

0 Kudos