Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

ChipScope Pro Software Overview (with Labs) and Missing Signal mhertz_count<5>

Jump to solution

I'm going through the ChipScope Pro Software Overview (with Labs) video and following the directions in the lab1_Insertflow instructions.  On page A-10, it says to assign mhertz_count<0:5> to TP2 ( trigger port 2) channels 0:5.  However, when I do a search for "mhertz_count*", only bits 0:4 show up.  I checked the source code and this signal is defined as 0:5.  Why does mhertz_count<5> not show up in the ChipScope Select Nets screen?

Thanks

Thanks, Bob
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

in case of ise open the technology schematic and search for the mhertz_count. in your case signal is getting trimmed off.use keep attribute or(S attribute) to avoid trimming of the signal.

Regards,
Prathamesh

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

in case of ise open the technology schematic and search for the mhertz_count. in your case signal is getting trimmed off.use keep attribute or(S attribute) to avoid trimming of the signal.

Regards,
Prathamesh

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Please provide the User Guide link you are using so that we can cross check (as it is a tutorial file, we need to check the trimming)
Regards,
Debraj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I am using the zipped files downloaded using the link on your ChipscopePro online traing video webpage.  See the following link:

http://www.xilinx.com/training/free-video-courses.htm

The zip file is chipscope_lab_files_v12.zip

Thanks, Bob
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar
HI
Thanks for the link and i have looked into that lab files.as i told you signal was getting trimmed off just apply keep constraint will solve your problem.
attribute keep : string;
attribute KEEP of mhertz_count: signal is "TRUE";

Thanks,
Pratham
-Pratham

0 Kudos