cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ChipScope Triggering

Hi everyone, I'm new to Chipscope and have a (hopefully) simple problem that I can't figure out. I'm using Chipscope 9.2 to monitor a piece of IP but I need to be able to monitor it for a 'meaningful' timeframe (around 40ms). At the moment, I can only get the triggering towork when I sample on every clock tick, but as the system runs on a 24MHz clock, this gives a far shorter sampling window than needed.

Ideally, I want to set the triggering such that Chipscope only takes a sample every 64 clock ticks (say). If necessary, I can add a free-runing counter to the IP to help with this but I'm afraid I have no idea how to set up Chipscope properly to achieve the task.

Any help would be very appreciated,

Andy

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What you are looking to do isn't part of the features of the ILA core.

You suggestion to create a counter to be able to control this is right way to accomplish what you want to do.

If you only want to collect a sample every 64 clock cycles, then you can use a 6-bit counter to count from 0 to 63 and a comparator (either all zeros or all ones)  to generate the trigger signal to the ILA core.

Verilog example:

always @ (posedge clk)

begin 

if (reset )

count[5:0] <= 6'b00_0000;

else 

count[5:0] <= count[5:0] + 1'b1;

end

assign trigger_64 = (count[5:0] == 6'b00_0000);

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos