cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronnywebers
Advisor
Advisor

[Chipscope 16-3] Cannot debug net 'u_ila_0_wea[0]'; it was auto-generated for ChipScope (99 more like this)

After synthesizing my block design with Zynq, some Xilinx IP and a custom IP, I marked several nets for debug (netlist window -> right click -> mark debug)

During implementation I get about 100 critical warnings, saying :

[Chipscope 16-3] Cannot debug net 'u_ila_0_wea[0]'; it was auto-generated for ChipScope.

anyone knows where this error comes from? 

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
4 Replies
arpansur

Hi @ronnywebers,

Can you please verify if you have dbg_hub and ILA in the design?

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@ronnywebers

Below links may give you a clue 

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64735.html

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Advanced-Tool-Methodologies/Using-the-ILA-Core-to-monitor-Tri-Mode-Ethernet-MAC-GMII-signals/td-p/673569

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
ronnywebers
Advisor
Advisor

hello @arpansur, if I enter 'get_debug_cores' 

returns : dbg_hub design_1_i/vio_0 u_ila_0_0

note that the VIO is instantiated in my block design.

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
arpansur

Hi @ronnywebers,

What is u_ila_0_0?

Is there ILA in the netlist window?

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos