Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprice
Scholar
Scholar

Chipscope Inserter Issue

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the chipscope inserter on ISE 13.3. I'm targeting a virtex 6 and my design has about 300 block RAM left for chipscope. I attempt to insert a core of depth 65536 which uses 180 block RAM and the build fails saying there is insufficient block RAM left. I tried reducing the amount of data I was capturing to reduce the overall size but I still get this error even with just a couple of data bits. A depth of 32768 works just fine. With far more than 2x the data width of 65536 failing. This appears to be a bug with ISE 13.3 (which I'm locked down on for now). Are there any workarounds? I couldn't find an answer record addressing this particular issue directly.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
arpansur

Hi @jprice,

We have an answer record for 13.2 https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/39660.html

Can you please try with 14.7 and see if you are seeing same issue?

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jprice
Scholar
Scholar

Hi @arpansur,

That answer record says the issue was fixed in ISE 13.2. I am forced onto 13.3 for now since updating build tools is never as simple as just trying the new version. Does this issue still exist in 13.3?

0 Kudos