cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Chipscope core random generation problems

14.4 ISE,  XC6VLH550T.  Numerous iterations of trying to include chipscope using the chipscope core inserter.  First I was having timing issues including the chipscope ILA, once I solved the timing problems in the HDL I would get a core when I brought up the analyzer but the signals weren't what I had included in the core inserter once I fixed the timing problem.  So I did a project clean with the same results.  Then deleted the cdc file as well as a project clean.  Now I meet timing, all signals routed, all constraints met.....but when I bring up the fpga editor it tells me no cores found.  Not seeing any warnings that would indicate a reason for no core.  At this point I'm stumped.  HELP

I've used chipscope succesfuly before but It's been at least 18 months...so I'm hoping it's something simple I forgot.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rcinmo

Please post the full error/warning message that you are seeing.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hi @vijayak Thats just it, other than the 0 cores found in chipscope analyzer, and no cores found in the FPGA editor I don't see anything that tells me a problem.  I did figure one thing out, I had to shorten the path and path file names and was able to get a core in according to the fpga editor...but CS analyzer still says no cores.   

Thanks

ins.png
anal.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Now I'm back t the same issue, the ILA info for nets is old, not the current core. Thanks

CSA.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Disregard the path fix.  With no change to the HDL, ucf or source files.  Sometimes I get CS core in FPGA editor sometimes I don't. If I get a core in the FPGA editor, I may or may not get a core in analyzer.  If I get a core in analyzer the signal definitions are wrong.  It's like there is a file pointer looking at the wrong file.

0 Kudos
Participant
Participant

Finally got the analyzer to load.  Results of the process are random wether it includes a core or not.  I have no idea what is going on.

0 Kudos