UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Chipscope insertion flow net names

Hello,

I've been using the Chipscope component instantiation flow successfully for years...

However, the requirement to generate the ILA via IP catalog and instantiating it as part of the code may prove very time consuming for large designs.

Recently, I started to explore the "insertion flow". I tried using the "Mark Debug" TCL command on the exact names as in my HDL code. It worked for some signals - but not for all...Seems like the tool expects the Netlist name which doesn't necessarily match the net HDL name.

Is there a way to work around this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Chipscope insertion flow net names

Hi @shaikon,

If you already know which nets you will want to debug, you can use the mark_debug attribute into the HDL code already, so when you get to the synthesis part and start inserting the ILA using the "Setup Debug", all those marked nets will already be shown for you.

I understand that the net names might change, especially because Vivado may perform some optimizations during synthesis, which can get rid of some nets or rename them.

I'd recommend hitting Ctrl + F to open the Find wizard, and look for your net with the known name or part of it, using a *. Specially if it's a net deep several layers into the design, the initial names might get changed but the final name might be still preserved.

Find_nets.JPG

Another option, is to open the synthesized design, switch the layout to debug, and there you can visualize the schematics. You might be able to find the net you want, and then right-click on it and select "Mark Debug".

mark_debug_synthesized_design.jpg

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks!

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Re: Chipscope insertion flow net names

Hi @shaikon,

Did you get the chance to fix the issue?

pleas let us know if it worked or if you still need support.

Thanks!

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos