UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor aravindh28
Visitor

[Common 17-1548 ] Command Failed: Can't read "variable_name" no such variable

Hello guys. For my project we are working on an encryption core. In the implementation part inorder to check proper functionality, i have used the VIO core. I am pretty much new to design so pardon me for any misunderstanding. I want to download the bitstream onto an FPGA and check functionality using VIO. I have specified a constraint file which only has the command to get the onboard clock and use in in the core. After implementation, i get the following critical warning.

viv_war.png

What does this mean? There are no constraint files named xsdbm.xdc in my computer. Also I dont have a clear picture on how constraint files work and how to get proper timing and power reports for the entire design. Would be of much help if someone can help me out with where to start. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: [Common 17-1548 ] Command Failed: Can't read "variable_name" no such variable

Hi @aravindh28,

The first issues are happening already during synthesis. It's saying that the VIO probes are not connected to any logic. 

You also cannot connect the VIO probes and clock via XDC commands, it has to be done in your top file in VHDL/Verilog.

The other xdc issues seems to be related to the dbg_hub, which is what connects the VIO to the whole JTAG communication. This is done automatically by Vivado, and since you are failing to correct implement the VIO, the dbg_hub issues might just be a consequence of that.

Please take a look and try to follow the instructions for implementing a VIO in the document Vivado Programming and Debugging - UG936 (v2018.3), Lab 3, pg. 28.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: [Common 17-1548 ] Command Failed: Can't read "variable_name" no such variable

Dear aravindh28, have you found a solution (or any workaround) since you posted your question? If so, please share it with us. I have the same question with the same error messages, except that I am trying to use an ILA not a VIO. Any info is welcome I am stuck. Without an ILA one has no clue what is going on in the HW. Thank You very much. Miklos
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer