cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauss_work
Contributor
Contributor

[Designutils 20-2472] Invalid probe property value '' specified for 'NAME.SELECT'

Jump to solution

Hi:

I'm using Vivado 2016.4 to compile my design. After P&R is completed,I open the hardware manager,download the bit file,and associate the ltx file then refresh.I get the problem as described on the subject. My design contains two vios and three ilas. I've reset the synthesis and implementation results and rerun the design. But with no luck,the problem still exists!I will attach my ltx file below!

1.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gauss_work
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the long delay response! After Updating to a higher edition of vivado, till now ,I have not met the same issue1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
bandi

Hi @gauss_work,

Can you please share your archived design to debug the issue?

Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
arpansur

Hi @gauss_work,

Try the following:

1. Open implemented design
  2. write_debug_probes debug.ltx and use the generated ltx file to debug
  3. Which version of the tool you are using?
  4. Can you please check for which probe it's complaining? 

Is it KC705 board?

If so can you please share the .bit and .ltx file?

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
kwar
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Was this problem ever resolved?  I'm having the very same issue.  How does one begin to debug this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
anunesgu

Hi @kwar,

After the error, does the ILA show up in the screen at all or is it all blank?

Can you click on the "+" button and add probes?

Does the error say which probe is the problematic one?

The NAME.SELECT is the attribute for one of the probes (Long name, short name, or Custom name). The error says that for some reason the system is trying to set this attribute to ' ' instead of one of the three options above. I suspect it's not liking the name of some net (maybe it's too long, or some special character).

If you know which probe it is, can you try to remove the probe from the ILA, re-run the implementation and bistream and try again?

@gauss_work

Did you ever get to fix this issue on your side?

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
kwar
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Anunesgu,

The ILA shows up, but I either can't add any probes, or only one of the several probes I've defined shows up that I can add.  If I add that probe it seems to work, but I can't see any of the other probes. 

The error message doesn't give me any clue as to which probe might be causing the problem.  To try to debug this, I eliminated probes until I had an ila with only one probe with it's input connected to gnd, and I still had the error!  Note that I have had several other ilas in this design and I've never had this problem before.  I've tried this with the debug wizard, and also by instantiating an ila as a component in my source code, and I get the same error either way.  I've regenerated the probes file and tried every possible permutation I can think of, and I still get the same cryptic error.

It seems like there is something about this particular block in my hierarchy that Vivado doesn't like.  I've dug through the probes file looking for anything strange, and I didn't see anything obvious.  The only special character I use in my signal names is underscore.  Some of my signal names are kind-of long, but they aren't crazy long.  I'm sure I've used longer names in other designs. 

It doesn't help that I don't know where the NAME.SELECT attribute is set, or what it should be set to.  I have no idea why it's being set to blank.  I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation either.  There must be a way to figure out what Vivado is so unhappy about.  Anything you can tell me that would help me debug this will be appreciated.  I'm trying to debug my code, and I really need this to work.

Thanks,

Rick.

0 Kudos
gauss_work
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the long delay response! After Updating to a higher edition of vivado, till now ,I have not met the same issue1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos