UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor cosmin_iorga
Visitor

Developer feature in Vivado for adding custom functions

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if there is a developer feature in Vivado to add custom functions or scripts? I have looked at the Xilinx Alliance Program but I could not figure out if I can do this or not. I want to add this feature: when FPGA designers finish their design and generate the bitstream configuration file they would have an option in Vivado (click of a button or checkbox) to automatically generate also a “matching” Vector Network Analyzer (VNA) IP as a second bitstream configuration file for power integrity analysis (VNA probing ports are connected to the on-die power supplies and the VNA measures the PDN impedance profile and S-parameter model of the PDN).  The VNA can be used to test the hardware before debugging the real design.  The VNA IP is automatically customized for their design (the I/O pins configuration and pin assignment, input clock pin and clock frequency... all this info would be transferred automatically from their project into the VNA IP configurator). Has anyone added custom functions to Vivado? Is this possible?

Regards,

Cosmin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Developer feature in Vivado for adding custom functions

Jump to solution

Hi @cosmin_iorga,

In Vivado, under Tools -> Xilinx Tcl Store, you can see a set of functions and libraries that are 3rd party created and supported.

Xilinx_tcl_store.jpg

Xilinx_tcl_store_2.jpg

ultimately, all these 3rd party libraries are store in the following Xilinx Github link: https://github.com/Xilinx/XilinxTclStore/wiki/Support

You can request submit your script and request it to be published there.

Thanks for contributing!

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Jump to solution

@cosmin_iorga There are places to customize post script execution but that has to be done in a per project basis.

If you run vivado in TCL mode you can automate that. With the benefit of continuous integration.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
Visitor cosmin_iorga
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you hbucher for the suggestions.  I am trying a different format than customizing per project basis in TCL mode.  I am trying to make this power integrity tool available to all Xilinx customers directly through Vivado same as IBERT is available for signal integrity analysis.  Can anyone point me in any direction how to approach this task?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @cosmin_iorga,

In Vivado, under Tools -> Xilinx Tcl Store, you can see a set of functions and libraries that are 3rd party created and supported.

Xilinx_tcl_store.jpg

Xilinx_tcl_store_2.jpg

ultimately, all these 3rd party libraries are store in the following Xilinx Github link: https://github.com/Xilinx/XilinxTclStore/wiki/Support

You can request submit your script and request it to be published there.

Thanks for contributing!

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post