Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

DocNav Version(s) Out of Date

Jump to solution

In DocNav, I am currently Up to Date at Catalog 2018.06.11.  However, UG571 is V1.2 which dates back to 2014-08-18 and the Status indicates V1.8 is available (and V1.9 shows up in a Google search).  This was problematic, because I was looking up High Density I/O, which only added in 11/24/2015 in V1.5, so after the version in DocNav.

Is there a reason why UG571 is so out of date (almost 4 years!) in DocNav?  Could the latest versions for all documents be kept up to date in DocNav?  This is the second time this has bitten me.  It would be really useful if DocNav could serve as the go-to resource that always has the latest documents.

Best Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: DocNav Version(s) Out of Date

Jump to solution

Hi @anunesgu,

Thanks for suggestions which I tried, but unfortunately did not update UG571.  It turns out that UG571 was stuck on that V1.2 b/c it was downloaded, so deleting the downloaded UG571 allowed it to update to V1.8.

There are still a small discrepancy as I updated to "Catalog 2018.06.18" and am set to "Xilinx Design Tools 2018.2/14.7", but only see UG571 V1.8, not V1.9 as you can see below:

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Joseph

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @jchang_endiag,

I'm really not sure why your DocNav is not updating. I just checked on mine and it's presenting the latest verison of UG571 (v1.9).

What version of DocNav are you using (Show on the top left of the screen)? Make sure it's reasonably new (Mine is 2018.1).

Also, please check/make sure your catalog is pointing to version "Xilinx Design Tools 2018.2/14.7", as in the arrow #1 in the image below.

Finally, clicking on the settings button (arrow #2 in the image below), go into Updates and check the box to have DocNav check for new updates every 12 hours.

DocNav_version.jpg

Hopefully those will solve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @anunesgu,

Thanks for suggestions which I tried, but unfortunately did not update UG571.  It turns out that UG571 was stuck on that V1.2 b/c it was downloaded, so deleting the downloaded UG571 allowed it to update to V1.8.

There are still a small discrepancy as I updated to "Catalog 2018.06.18" and am set to "Xilinx Design Tools 2018.2/14.7", but only see UG571 V1.8, not V1.9 as you can see below:

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Joseph

View solution in original post

0 Kudos