UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

ERROR: [Common 17-70] Application Exception: CORE_LOCATION mismatch

Jump to solution

I have added debug to my design using the'Set Up Debug', but after programming the FPGA I get the following error:

probe_1=uuid_23E7D65A79BC59F7BC47406C1714DFAE (design_1_i/PAS_DMA_0/U0/bytes_left_sig[31:0])
probe_2=1:0-0 (u_ila_0_address_out_sig[31:0])

After removing the probes reference by the error and re-spinning everything, I get the same error again, but referencing different probes:

probe_1=uuid_23E7D65A79BC59F7BC47406C1714DFAE (design_1_i/PAS_DMA_0/U0/chan_sel_sig[5:0])
probe_2=1:0-0 (design_1_i/PAS_DMA_0/U0/PAS_DMA_v1_0_M00_AXI_inst/chanstate[3:0])

I've also tried deleting the .xdc files to let the 'Set Up Debug' dialog start fresh, but this doesn't seem to help.

What is going on here, how do I troubleshoot this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Re: ERROR: [Common 17-70] Application Exception: CORE_LOCATION mismatch

Jump to solution

I was using mark_debug on all the signals that I wanted to probe.  That didn't work.

All I could do to make this work was to manually add outputs to the IP that I'm working on and push it to a system_ila block in the block diagram.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Jump to solution

Update:

After removing the two probes in the second error, the the ILA seems to work after programming.  But when I re-add the signals that I actually need to probe, the error pops up again.  What could cause this?

0 Kudos
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Jump to solution

More information:

The following TCL command doesn't work:

write_debug_probes -force probesfile.ltx

Output is:

ERROR: [Vivado 12-5829] Unable to generate LTX file since debug core UUIDs are unavailable for unimplemented cores. Resolution: Issue the write_debug_probes TCL command after opt_design (or implement_debug_core) step has been run
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'write_debug_probes' failed due to earlier errors.

So I run:

implement_debug_core

write_debug_probes -force probesfile.ltx

After programming the FPGA with the latest probes file, the original error still occurs.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Are you flattening the hierarchy? Are you already using the mark_debug on the nets that you want to probe? If not that might help. Alternatively you could instantiate the core manually, instead of using the wizard flow, go through the IP catalog and manually add the core, then stitch up your probes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor poelslager
Visitor

Jump to solution

I was using mark_debug on all the signals that I wanted to probe.  That didn't work.

All I could do to make this work was to manually add outputs to the IP that I'm working on and push it to a system_ila block in the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Observer mennsesc
Observer

Jump to solution

I get this error more than a day.  The only way I can fix it is to quit then restart Vivado with the same project.  Restarting Vivado fixes the problem every time.

Scholar wzab
Scholar

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot. I was fighting with that for one hour, until I have found your simple solution - quit and restart Vivado.
It worked perfectly!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I got the same error while trying to probe some internal signals. Yup, restarting Vivado fixes it.

This looks like a major Vivado bug. using version 2018.1

0 Kudos