09-02-2014 12:01 AM
I am using SPARTAN 3 fpga and ISE 13.4, following is the console message that I get when I try to configure device using iMPACT.
Is something wrong with my Fpga.
I have checked throughly with my JTAG cable and Platform cable USB II its fine and i have changed the cable and Plaform Cable but unable solve the issue.
i have checked my PROM its working fine.
Unable to boundary scan the chain.
The error i got is:
ERROR:iMPACT:585 - A problem may exist in the hardware configuration.
Check that the cable, scan chain, and power connections are intact,
that the specified scan chain configuration matches the actual hardware, and
that the power supply is adequate and delivering the correct voltage.
Please helpme with this.
09-02-2014 12:03 AM - edited 09-02-2014 12:05 AM
Check this related thread.
Related Answer record,
09-02-2014 12:41 AM
09-02-2014 01:02 AM
09-02-2014 05:03 AM
Firstly try ISE 14.2 and see if it works well.
Was the JTAG configuration working initially?
You need to check the JTAG lines.
1) As a 2nd step I would suggest you to check the schematics and see if all the JTAG connections have the correct connections.
2) Make sure you have followed all the guidelines in the JTAG ISP checklist - http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp104.pdf
3) Also check the JTAG programmer Troubleshooting from Pg 55 of the link - http://www.xilinx.com/support/sw_manuals/2_1i/download/jtag.pdf
4) To know in detail about the signals, you can probe them and check where it is failing. This should show any misalignment and if the setup hold times are followed.
5) Make sure you are following the tiJTAG timing as per the V-7 datasheet
09-03-2014 12:43 AM
Thanks for replying..
i have checked the cable its in green only but whn i initalize the chain i am getting the error. Is there any way to configure the FPGA.
Thanks & Regards
09-03-2014 12:48 AM
09-03-2014 12:50 AM
09-03-2014 01:36 AM
09-06-2014 04:10 AM