cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ERROR:iMPACT:585 - A problem may exist in the hardware configuration.

Hi

I am using SPARTAN 3 fpga and ISE 13.4, following is the console message that I get when I try to configure device using iMPACT.

Is something wrong with my Fpga.

I have checked throughly with my JTAG cable and Platform cable USB II its fine and i have changed the cable and Plaform Cable but unable solve the issue.

i have checked my PROM its working fine. 

Unable to boundary scan the chain.

The error i  got is:

ERROR:iMPACT:585 - A problem may exist in the hardware configuration.

Check that the cable, scan chain, and power connections are intact,

that the specified scan chain configuration matches the actual hardware, and

that the power supply is adequate and delivering the correct voltage.

Please helpme with this.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Is platform usb cable being detected?
What is the color of led on usb cable?

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
Moving to Design tools - other board.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Firstly try ISE 14.2 and see if it works well.

Was the JTAG configuration working initially?

You need to check the JTAG lines.

1)      As a 2nd step I would suggest you to check the schematics and see if all the JTAG connections have the correct connections.

2)      Make sure you have followed all the guidelines in the JTAG ISP checklist - http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp104.pdf

3)      Also check the JTAG programmer Troubleshooting from Pg 55 of the link - http://www.xilinx.com/support/sw_manuals/2_1i/download/jtag.pdf

4)      To know in detail about the signals, you can probe them and check where it is failing. This should show any misalignment and if the setup hold times are followed.

5)      Make sure you are following the tiJTAG timing as per the V-7 datasheet

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi

Thanks for replying..

i have checked the cable its in green only but whn i initalize the chain i am getting the error. Is there any way to configure the FPGA.

Thanks & Regards

HARI

0 Kudos
Highlighted

YES the cable is detected and its in green..

but when i initialize the chain its shows the error.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi

i have checked all voltages on the board its fine.

and my cable is green and when i initialize chain it shows error.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Can you try running chain integrity test by clicking Impatc gui --> Debug --> Chain Integrity Test after connecting the cable?

Thanks,
Vinay
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I have tried the chain integrity test also.. but it shows the same error.

Thanks,
Hari
0 Kudos