Did you mean: 
simozz
Scholar
Scholar

Effective project clean

Hi,

As I know, to clean a project should be enough to reset runs as explained here:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/How-to-clean-project/td-p/384077

However, due to some tests, I noticed that resetting runs is not enough, at least with Vivado 2018.3.

This is the following test I have done to claim this:

1) I created a design where the AXI DMA is configured as Scatter Gathered (SG) mode, I have generated the bitstream and then I have exported the hardware design to XSDK. The XAxiDma_HasSg(InstancePtr) reports correctly that the AXI DMA is configured with SG.

2) After step 1), I have modified the AXI DMA's options disabling the SG mode through the IP customization window. I deleted the hardware wrapper from XSDK, I re-created the design HDL wrapper, reset and re-generated the output products, reset runs, generate a new bitstream and finally I re-exported the hardware from Vivado to XSDK. AFter all these steps, the XAxiDma_HasSg(InstancePtr) still returns that the AXI DMA is configured with SG Mode, wich is contradictory to what I have done (disabling it).

Due to this simple issue I noticed after disabling a simple option, I think that the Vivado system is not 100 % reliable about project cleaning.

So what is the correct and reliable way to RESET or CLEAN the current project, even after some hrdware changes ?

Please suggest a solution.

Regards,

simozz

0 Kudos
6 Replies
xilinxacct
Instructor
Instructor

@simozz

There may be a better way now, but looking at the link you provided, the post given 'after' the accepted solution offers some more complete removal steps.

Hope that helps

If so, please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
simozz
Scholar
Scholar

@xilinxacct,

What solution are you referring to ? Removing the runs directory content ?

In this case this does not solve the problem, neither removing the content of the design diagram into the srcs directory.

0 Kudos
xilinxacct
Instructor
Instructor

@simozz

In the link you provided, there was an 'accepted solution' (marked by the gray box) which appears to be insufficient... However, the post just below that one that says... You can right click on a completed process run and select "reset xxx run" and then select "Delete the generated files in the working directory". You can also manually remove the runs directory e.g. sim_1, synth_1.

0 Kudos
simozz
Scholar
Scholar

@xilinxacct, that's what I have done as well...

Regards.

simozz

0 Kudos
anunesgu

Hi @simozz,

I think the issue is that the exported HW might be getting saved in the SDK workspace and not being updated.

Could you try to go into your project directory and delete the <project_name>.sdk folder?

project.sdk.JPG

After that you can export HW again and open the SDK to see if it got updated.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
simozz
Scholar
Scholar

Hello @anunesgu,

Today I could not reproduce the problem. Without erasing the sdk folder it didn't mismatch as described in the 1st post.

I'd not like to have done a lot of confusion...