UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor llopacinski
Visitor

Encrypted IP cores - power analysis (RS encoder / decoder)

Dear Xilinx users,

I am using Reed-Solomon encoders and encoders and I would like to estimate power consumed by all my modules and all IPcores (whole FPGA, including RS IP cores). I have read in ug907 that:

"If your design contains any encrypted IP/Blocks, your simulator will not dump the SAIF information for those IP/Blocks and for any internal blocks within the encrypted hierarchy. This incomplete SAIF information might affect the power estimation accuracy."

Is this true also for post-synthesize and post-implementation activity simulations? As far I know my RS ipcores are encrypted. I have generated post-implementation netlist and I see in the file encrypted data. Thus, I presume that these are IP cores form Xilinx. Does it means that there is no way to get IP cores activity signals and perform accurate power analysis with a SAIF/VCD file? Did anyone solve the problem?

Additional question:

To perform functional post implementation and functional post synthesize simulation, should I just click "Run post-synthesize functional simulation" in Vivado, or I need to generate the netlist of the design and perform the simulation manually? If I click the Vivado function "post-synthesize functional simulation" then I have a feeling that it is just simple behavioural simulation of the VHDL code. Please see the attached print-screen.

Untitled.jpg
0 Kudos