UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Power-1653

Hi,

I am using XPower Analyzer version 14.2 to generate power report for my design. I generated the design, synthesized and simulated it using iSim. Also in iSim, I generated VCD file using iSim. Then put .ncd of top level design, constraints file and vdc file generated into XPower Analyzer. The analyzer gave following error.

ERROR:Power:1653 - Duty cycle <-2147483648.00> must be in range [0..100]% for fpga_0_DDR3_SDRAM_DDR3_Clk_pin.

As opposed to other posts on the topic, I am using DDR in my design as cache memory. 

The report is generated at the end, but I feel, as the vcd file is optional, the analyzer just ignores it due to errors and calculates the power which will only be the estimate as it does not have value change data.

How can I solve this error? 

Attaching the console output of XPA for reference.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Error Power-1653

Try generating SAIF file using Isim and using it in Xpower Analyzer instead of VCD file. You may not get this error any more.

0 Kudos