Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Error:iMPACT:2204

Jump to solution
A search for this error message yields no results. Has anyone else encountered this before? Here's a suggestion for xilinx: When a tool developer writes code to print out an error codehow about adding an explanatory message to this search database? Just a thought.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Detailed content? There's an error code for Pete's sake. You tell me what the code means as I can't find an error message listing anywhere.

Well here's the solution found by a customer through trial and error.

Open the download.cmd file on the project tab.On the "assignfile" and "program" lines the argumentto the -p switch was 5 for some mysterious reason. There is only one device in the JTAG chain so changing the argument to 1 makes the download bitstream command work without error.

If I seem a little hostile it's because I have spent 80% of my time trying to get this tool to work rather than actual development work.   Now I have to try and figure out why I can't see my code in gdb.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Could you please provide the detailed content of the error message? This might give us some clues.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Detailed content? There's an error code for Pete's sake. You tell me what the code means as I can't find an error message listing anywhere.

Well here's the solution found by a customer through trial and error.

Open the download.cmd file on the project tab.On the "assignfile" and "program" lines the argumentto the -p switch was 5 for some mysterious reason. There is only one device in the JTAG chain so changing the argument to 1 makes the download bitstream command work without error.

If I seem a little hostile it's because I have spent 80% of my time trying to get this tool to work rather than actual development work.   Now I have to try and figure out why I can't see my code in gdb.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I, too, tire of error codes that have no meaning.  Especially when all they do is link to a xilinx search that comes up empty.

My probelm was exactly the same "-p 5" should have been "-p 1" in download.cmd.  Thanks for the fix - would have wasted a few hours on this one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hey,

I followed the instruction to change -p . In my case I had -p 3 and I changed it to 1 but I also get the ERRE:iMPACT:2204 - Can only assign file to device 1.

If anyone has an idea, I would be very grateful,

Ramona

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I had the SAME problem!  There were two lines in my file that had "-p 5" and after changing them both, it works great.  Thanks for the help!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you.

I too was having this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I dont find download.cmd file. Can you tell me where it is?

0 Kudos