UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Error when using ILA core

Jump to solution
Hello, i like to learn debugging and so i add an ila-core to my design. After i created my design, i got the following System error message: " [Common 17-70] Application Exception: Failed to stitch checkpoint 'c:/Projekte/TestDebug/TestDebug.srcs/sources_1/bd/system/ip/system_DataSink_0_0/system_DataSink_0_0.dcp' at cell 'system_i/DataSink_0'." when i try to open the "synthesized design". Can somebody please tell me, what i have to do? I like to debug the Signal "q -> d" in my design (see attachment). I'am using an arty-board. Thank you, regards.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error when using ILA core

Jump to solution

Hi @deppenkaiser,

1. Remove system ILA from the design.
  2. Then add ILA from IP catalog and do the required connection. Please go through page-105 and 106 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug994-vivado-ip-subsystems.pdf
Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @deppenkaiser,

Is there any specific reason behind using system ILA?

Can you please try with ILA only? Which Vivado version you are using?

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @deppenkaiser,

Please debug using the steps mentioned in the accepted solution post in this forum thread and check if it helps: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/ERROR-Common-17-70-Application-Exception-Failed-to-stitch/td-p/663625.

Since you are learning debugging, UG936 tutorial in debugging is always helpful: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug936-vivado-tutorial-programming-debugging.pdf

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello arpansur,

i'am using "Vivado 2016.4". I used "system ila", because i right click on a signal and select "Debug". My earlier experience was, that this is possible and meaningfull to debug on Hardware. But i saw, that i should have more practice; so i tried a most simple design to have a good overview about debugging possibilities. Now, with this "simple design" i have Problems.

I need only a simple design where i can get some expirences.

Regards

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @deppenkaiser,

As you are seeing crash issue can you please try adding ILA instead of system ILA? Also you can use setup debug after synthesis to insert ILA.

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi prathikm, i can't open the pdf, so i will try it later again. I made a microblaze design and i need to debug it. But i do not undestand the meaning of the many signals that i am able to select. I like to see the axi bus timing. So i want to get more practice and - therefore i can learn - i make a smaller design with a simple logic. But i get this error message...

regards
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello arpansur,

i made a screenshot, so you can see what happens when i click on "Synthesis->Open Sythesized Design->Set up Debug".

You told me, that i can use "ILA" instead of "System ILA". Should i select it in the IP-Repository? I never did it before :-)

regards

ILA Error.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @deppenkaiser,

1. Remove system ILA from the design.
  2. Then add ILA from IP catalog and do the required connection. Please go through page-105 and 106 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug994-vivado-ip-subsystems.pdf
Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos