UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor chenm76
Visitor

Failed to generate debug cores

I'm running 2019.1 and I've successfully generated debug cores using (* mark_debug = "true" *) and using Setup Debug, however recently I've been getting this issue:

[IP_Flow 19-3805] Failed to generate and synthesize debug IPs. 
 error copying "/home/michael/vivado_projects/project_1/project_1.runs/impl_1/.Xil/Vivado-22252-michael-XPS-13-9370/dc_drv.0/dc/prj_ip.runs/u_ila_0_synth_1/u_ila_0.dcp": no such file or directory

I tried this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60856.html

and tried this:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/Chipscope-16-119-Implementing-debug-core-dbg-hug-failed/td-p/756664

but still can't get around this error. Running on ubuntu.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Failed to generate debug cores

Hi @chenm76,

Could you please verify what is the file u_ila_0.dcp and where in your design it's being referenced?

Did you copy this project from somewhere else?

There should be no such references to a DCP file for the ILA, so it seem that this project already had an ILA implemented in it but now the files for it are missing.

In addition, I see that this issue happens when you are generating the Synthesis and the Setup Debug process just happens after the Synthesis, so I believe this issue is not really related to your new insertion of the ILA.

If it makes it easier, could you also remove all insertions and references for an ILA, try to synthesize the design again, and see if this error goes away?

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos