UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mruiz1
Observer

HW manager, ila dashboard does not show waveform

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a project with two ilas and one VIO, which works perfectly in Vivado 2018.2. 

I moved the project to the latest tool Vivado 2018.3. Unlike, the previous version, the ila dashboard does not show the waveform. I can run the trigger, capture data, export it and analyze it. But, the GUI does not show anything. The VIO works.

I saw this post https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/ILA-AXI-waveform-window-empty/m-p/671905#M8954, but rebooting does not solve the issue.

My machine runs a CentOS 7 with the following kernel: 3.10.0-957.5.1.el7.x86_64

Does anyone have the same problem?

Best,

Mario

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer mruiz1
Observer

Re: HW manager, ila dashboard does not show waveform

Jump to solution

Hi @anunesgu,

I was facing the same issue as this thread https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/2018-3-block-design-zoom-broken-on-Linux/m-p/940295#M19493. 

@hamidnaghi found a workaround for that issue, and turns out that, the same workaround fix this issue. Now the waveform is shown properly.

So, in summary. You have to execute Gnome Tweak and then in the left hand side menu select Fonts, and set Window Title to 1 and Scaling Factor to 1 as well.

Mario

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @mruiz1,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We've been working already on an issue that sounds like the one you are experiencing. This just happens in Vivado 2018.3.

For now, there’s also a workaround, which is just maximizing the ILA waveform window to fit the screen. When you do that, it makes all the signals to be shown in the waveform window correctly.

Could you please try that and see if it works for you? If it does, it is indeed the issue that we are already working on and should be fixed soon.

If it does not help, please let me know so we can further investigate it.

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer mruiz1
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @anunesgu,

I tried several times, I did float window after that, dock window. Sometimes the waveform appears for just a second and disappears. But, it never stays for more than a second. It seems to be the same issue.

Best,

Mario

0 Kudos
Observer mruiz1
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @anunesgu,

I was facing the same issue as this thread https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/2018-3-block-design-zoom-broken-on-Linux/m-p/940295#M19493. 

@hamidnaghi found a workaround for that issue, and turns out that, the same workaround fix this issue. Now the waveform is shown properly.

So, in summary. You have to execute Gnome Tweak and then in the left hand side menu select Fonts, and set Window Title to 1 and Scaling Factor to 1 as well.

Mario

View solution in original post