UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor beketata
Visitor

How to delete the part of wire in the schematic editor? ( ISE 10.1 SP3, Spartan 3AN )

Jump to solution

I am creating schema top level project and add five counters to it in the shematic editor.

Then I choose "Add wire" tool and connects all five "CLK" inputs of the counters together using one wire.

How could I remove the part of wire between the second and third ( for example ) counters only instead of deleting all wire?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor mbentivegna
Visitor

Re: How to delete the part of wire in the schematic editor? ( ISE 10.1 SP3, Spartan 3AN )

Jump to solution

I use ISE 9.2, but the principle is probably the same.  On the left hand side of the screen, there should be the "sources" window and below that, the "processes" window.  In the "processes" window, select the "options" tab.  There is a selectable menu titled "When you click on a branch."  Below, you can choose whether clicking on a wire selects the entire wire ("select the entire branch") or only a portion of the wire ("select the line segment").

I hope this is applicable to your situation.  Hope it helps.  Happy programming!

2 Replies
Visitor mbentivegna
Visitor

Re: How to delete the part of wire in the schematic editor? ( ISE 10.1 SP3, Spartan 3AN )

Jump to solution

I use ISE 9.2, but the principle is probably the same.  On the left hand side of the screen, there should be the "sources" window and below that, the "processes" window.  In the "processes" window, select the "options" tab.  There is a selectable menu titled "When you click on a branch."  Below, you can choose whether clicking on a wire selects the entire wire ("select the entire branch") or only a portion of the wire ("select the line segment").

I hope this is applicable to your situation.  Hope it helps.  Happy programming!

Highlighted
Visitor hamidnaghi
Visitor

Jump to solution

You just need to select the pin or just right click on the pin and disconnect the pin. So it only remove that wire connected to the pin. 

0 Kudos