cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

How to save hardware manager configuration?

I have a configuration memory device, which I can add in the hardware manager, but it doesn't  remember it next time I open it.

Similarly, somehow suddenly the hardware manager started looking for my Probes file in a wrong location. Now I have to manually point it to the right location every time I open the hardware manager.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Its a very impotant question! It is a pity that it has not been answered. I also have to add the device each time, add files Are though it is impossible to finish ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@jack1977 Can you consider using scripted flow?

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I would not want to use scripts. I have no time to learn scripting.

tell me how to save the configuration without scripts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@jack1977 Script flow is the best and only way to save. You need not learn script to use it. Vivado will generate script for you just you have to source the script next time.

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I not agree with you. 

The best way when the developer is hidden startup script. He opens Hardwar manager, and it saved the installation last session.

Over flea way - to require the developer to save the settings of each session.

Well, the worst way - to use the scripts as scripting is not the task of the developer. Scripts is artifacts.

I agree, if you use scripts to automate some specific action. but saving the configuration are not specific.
Your arguments?

0 Kudos