UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer raccoon777
Observer

How to turn OFF the unassigned LEDs in the BASYS2?

Jump to solution

Hey folks, I have problems regarding to turn OFF the LEDs in my board BASYS 2, I do not understand why the LEDs are ON all the time by default, if I did not any assign of these in my UCF file, I downloaded my code into the ROM of my BAsys 2 with the jumper in PC mode, and later on I put the jumper in ROM mode to run the downloaded code & all the LEDs in the board are ON, I don't understand this behavior, maybe my board is already broke down, but it is impossible because the test program is working ok.

I'm making an academic project & obiously I need to turn OFF all the leds and others resources in the board, because I need to measure the power about the logic, that have nothing to do about the LEDs & others resources in the BASYS 2, please I beck you some help(advice), it is a real nightmare.

I found the link bellow:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Unassigned-Pin-Behavior/m-p/353597/highlight/false#M4145

I tried that also solution without success, apart of that solution I tried to assign in the UCF all the LEDs to turn it OFF in my code puting ceros(CEROS <= "00000000";), I tried that also without succes, I'm very frustraited, please help . .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to turn OFF the unassigned LEDs in the BASYS2?

Jump to solution

set the unused IO's as mentioned in the forum thread you have linked.

Check the following snapshot how you can set this up

usused IO.JPG
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

set the unused IO's as mentioned in the forum thread you have linked.

Check the following snapshot how you can set this up

usused IO.JPG
0 Kudos
Observer raccoon777
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your reply!

Yesterday I tried that solution to pulldown the unused IOB pins!, without succes, today right now I tried again that solution, and this is the result:

P1010026.JPG

All the LEDs are ON¿?¿?!!

My UCF file have assigned just the clock as follow & no more pins in the board:

NET "clk" TNM_NET = clk;

TIMESPEC TS_clk = PERIOD "clk" 20 ns HIGH 50%;

I supousse my board is already broke down but the Adept test is working well!!, I downloaded the original code of the Adept test, I'll check it out to find some solution, I apreciate any help, thak in advance . .

0 Kudos
Observer raccoon777
Observer

Jump to solution

My Adept software has detected my  BASYS2 as a hundred kilogates board, and my project was setting as a 250 Kilogates projects, it was the mistake what caused all the malfunction in my board , apologize me for the big scandal I made

This is the correct setting

config-good.jpg

0 Kudos