Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to use CSEJtag libraries in C++

Hi All,

I don't know where to post my question regarding interfacing libCSEJtag.dll.

My company devloppe a soft that allow Xilinx user to use their USB Platform socket as a Jtag socket (to debug design, taling to IPs, etc...)

I have to improve integration of the Xilinx platform usb socket and use latest ISE and Vivado. 

I am looking for a documentation on how to integrate usb plaform socket using C++; I can't find it (only from TCL) and it's not the same API and prototype.

thanks for your help

PS: I am not the author of the original code so ... I do not know all about the already done integration on the soft of my company.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

ASFAIK those APIs are for Xilinx internal use only. so bad luck.

what you CAN DO is use the XVC protocol, that is open

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks 

This is why I can't find no doc on it !!

I had a very quick look at XVC. I suppose that this is the underlying protocol used by the libcsejtag DLLs.

So this is a lower abstraction level access that means I have to redevelop all the existing encapsulation of CSEJTAG...

Not very sexy !

Anyway thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

you can try asking for the CSE api..

and then again and again and ask and ask..

XVC is possible and easy and officially supported and OK solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

May I ask you some more info on XVC because I am not sure that it target our goal.

Our goal is to use the Xilinx Platform USB Cable.

After reading introduction of XVC on the GItHub, I understood that it is based on a tcp/ip client server basis and so do use ethernet wires between the client (PC) and the board of the FPGA... I do not understand how to use the XILINX USB Platform cable device with XVC since there is no ethernet connector ?! Something escapes me  ??

What is a normal usage of XVC cable ?

How do you connect it on the board/fpga side ?

I am looking at this solution you propose me since I am unable to make the CSEJTAG lib to work on a 64 bits system and our 32 bits software... (it do work on XP and W7 32 bits)... Of course if you have any idea on this issue too... I will be happy to hear from you !

Thanks for all your answers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

very simple:

1 you start Xilinx jtag server on the PC that has xilinx usb cable

2 then you talk over XVC to the xilinx jtag server and via it to the xilinx usb cable

hmm, I assume (assumed it would work)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

thanks ! it helps.

0 Kudos