Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

IBERT TEST vu065 <-> ku5p

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am doing ibert test for 24g line rate between vu065 and ku5p. I am trying to understand how to find right parameter that produce best eye. with default paramter shown in attachment it worked error free for 18 hrs and then come error in one line from vu065 to ku5p as shown in attachment. I would like to find optimal parameter settings because it sometime works and sometime not in real design.

Any clue or documentation?

ibert.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager
@anunesgu sorry for the late reply. I had not opened Xilinx forum since long time.
The problem was solved by using LPM equalization instead of DFE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi @fpgalearner,

The IBERT IP has a Sweep option, which modifies the GT settings and plots the eye scans for each combination.

Create_Sweep_IBERT.png

Then you can look at the eye scans, decide which one has the better opening and use those settings.

With that said, having one error coming in every several hours is not a problem by itself. This just means that the TX transmitted a bit and the RX failed to correctly detect that bit. The other higher level protocols in this stack should be able to handle this bit error and correct it.

What do you exactly see when you said that "it sometimes works and sometime not in real design"? When it doesn't work, what is the problem?

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager
@anunesgu sorry for the late reply. I had not opened Xilinx forum since long time.
The problem was solved by using LPM equalization instead of DFE.

View solution in original post