Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomasz.janicki.tj
Adventurer
Adventurer

ICON outside of the block with ILA instance - CONTROL0 signals trimmed away

I use ISE 14.5

When I use ILA inside a "block_with_ILA_inside" and ICON outside this block then I get the same problem as in here

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52789.htm

and the solution is exacty the same !!!

entity block_with_ILA_inside is port(
something : in std_logic;
CONTROL : inout std_logic_vector(35 downto 0)
);
end A;

and somwhwere in the top project I do:

inst : block_with_ILA_inside port map(
somehting => another_something,
CONTROL => ICON_CONTROL0_SIG);

inst_ICON : icon port map(
CONTROL0 =>  ICON_CONTROL0_SIG);

WITH read_cores set in synthesis I get plenty of:
WARNING:NgdBuild:452 - logical net 'sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_sender_sniffer_anal/CONTROL<12>' has no driver

LIT:243 - Logical network sata_reader_icon[10] has no load.

MapLib:979 - LUT6 symbol "sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_CAPSTOR/I_CASE1.I_YES_TB.U_TRACE_BUFFER/U_RD_COL_MUX/I6.U_MUX64/Mmux_O_10" (output signal=sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_CAPSTOR/I_CASE1.I_YES_TB.U_TRACE_BUFFER/U_RD_COL_MUX/I6.U_MUX64/Mmux_O_10) has input signal "sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_CAPSTOR/I_CASE1.I_YES_TB.U_TRACE_BUFFER/rd_col_addr_dly<0>" which will be trimmed. See Section 5 of the Map Report File for details about why the input signal will become undriven.

MapLib:979 - LUT2 symbol "sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_TRIG/U_TM/G_NMU[12].U_M/I_MC_YES.U_MC/I_SRLT_NE_1.U_BRK1" (output signal=sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_TRIG/U_TM/G_NMU[12].U_M/I_MC_YES.U_MC/cfg_data<5>) has input signal "sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/CONTROL<32>" which will be trimmed. See Section 5 of the Map Report File for details about why the input signal will become undriven.

MapLib:979 - LUT3 symbol "sfp_reader_sata_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_sender_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_DOUT" (output signal=sata_sender_icon[3]) has input signal "sfp_reader_sata_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_sender_sniffer_anal/CONTROL<6>" which will be trimmed. See Section 5 of the Map Report File for details about why the input signal will become undriven.

Perhaps there could be an AR for that.

TJ

0 Kudos
2 Replies
debrajr

If the AR mentioned is your solution...what is the other requirement in this topic?
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

Hello,

tomasz.janicki.tj  can you please elborate what are your expectations?

Do you think that AR was helpful to resolve your issue?

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos