UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer nicolas
Observer

ILA Synthesis: [Opt 31-2] Missing connection on D pin

Hi,

I have one block design with a microblaze, all my design is in the block design composed of xilinx IPs. I want to transfert the streaming data from axi traffic generator to the DDR3 memory throught an axi dma ip (stream to memory mapped).

I succed to start traffic generator from sdk and i succed to probe AXI stream bus at the output of axi traffic generator. But when I want to read DDR3 with microblaze I can't see the samples generated by the etraffic generator.

So i have added a probe at the output of axi dma but this cause the implementation to fail with this error:

[Opt 31-2] SRL16E design_1_i/system_ila_0/U0/ila_lib/U0/ila_core_inst/shifted_data_in_reg[7][518]_srl8 is missing a connection on D pin.

ILA IP has been connected throught the connection automation tool in block design.

I already checked the AR# 65931 but the "select_objects [get_nets -filter {MARK_DEBUG == TRUE && ROUTE_STATUS == NOLOADS}]" command report nothing.

I am using Vivado 2019.1.1

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ILA Synthesis: [Opt 31-2] Missing connection on D pin

Hi @nicolas,

Could you show a screen shot of where the ILA has been placed? If you have connected the ILA to an FPGA input/output pin, it most likely won't work because that's an ILA limitation.

Just to verify, the command select_objects [get_nets -filter {MARK_DEBUG == TRUE && ROUTE_STATUS == NOLOADS}] will only work if you have the synthesized or implemented design open.

In addition, maybe you have not marked the nets with MARK_DEBUG, so could you please try running the following alternative command:

select_objects [get_nets -filter {ROUTE_STATUS == NOLOADS}]

This should bring up all the nets with no loads.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos