UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

ILA to start recording after triger + Xnum clock sycles

Jump to solution

Hi, I am trying to debug my system with ILA and I have a limited number of samples (131,072) that can be captured after the trigger signal, whereas I need about 350,000 to reach to the place of interest. Is there a way set up the ILA to record samples 300,000 clock cycles after the trigger signal?

Initial problem: I am trying to debug what happens on the beginning of the second frame of the video processing hls IP. Thus, my trigger signal is TUSER (start of the frame), and since I need the second frame, I need the ILA to trigger when the TUSER goes HI the second time. Is it possible to configure the ILA this way? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ILA to start recording after triger + Xnum clock sycles

Jump to solution

Hi @naz_rb,

You can use trigger state machine when you can use inbuilt counter to count the trigger signals. You can specify condition for capture setup accordingly.

Please go through page-147 of following link for partial buffer:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @naz_rb,

You can use trigger state machine when you can use inbuilt counter to count the trigger signals. You can specify condition for capture setup accordingly.

Please go through page-147 of following link for partial buffer:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@arpansur Yep, I figured the advanced trigger mode is the way to go! Thank you. For some reason the trigger is still happens on the first trigger signal. Is something wrong with my state machine?

state my_state0:
reset_counter $counter0;
goto my_state1;

state my_state1:
if (u_ila_0_RB_CFA_0_out_pix_TUSER == 1'bR) then
    increment_counter $counter0;
    goto my_state2;
else
    goto my_state1;
endif

state my_state2:
if ($counter0 == 16'u2) then