cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILA waveform in ms ZCU102

Jump to solution

Hi!

I am debugging the hardware with the system ila. In the hardware manager, I want to change the x axis of the waveform to ms (it is in samples now), but when I do right click on the waveform, the ms option is not available. Why could this happen?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jbeckwi
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I don't believe the ILA IP has any awareness of clock period, therefore the waveforms are specified in terms of samples.  If you use the period of the sample clock you can reconstruct the X-axis in terms of time.  You can export the ila data using CSV and easily recreate the X-axis in Excel.  Or if you're looking for specific events in time, just use the cursors and manually multiply by clock period.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jbeckwi
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I don't believe the ILA IP has any awareness of clock period, therefore the waveforms are specified in terms of samples.  If you use the period of the sample clock you can reconstruct the X-axis in terms of time.  You can export the ila data using CSV and easily recreate the X-axis in Excel.  Or if you're looking for specific events in time, just use the cursors and manually multiply by clock period.

View solution in original post