UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor miakatt
Visitor

INFO: [Labtools 27-1434] Device xc7a35t (JTAG device index = 0) is programmed with a design that has no supported debug core(s) in it.

Hi,

I'm very new to FPGA programming. I've been doing some tutorials and all went well until today. I synthesized and programmed a counter project on to my Basys3 (Artix-7) board. The program complete LED came on and the 7-segment LEDs were lit but very dim. The project does not use this display.

I tried loading bitstreams that previously worked, but I get the same result. 

The error in the console is:

INFO: [Labtools 27-1434] Device xc7a35t (JTAG device index = 0) is programmed with a design that has no supported debug core(s) in it.

All my searched take me to AR# 64764, but it makes no sense to me. I open the Implemented Design and go to the netlist, but I don't see the dbg_hub core in the hierarchy.

If I move the jumper on the BASYS3 board to read from the on-board PROM, it behaves normally, showing it's demo program. So hopefully this means that the FPGA isn't damaged.

Can someone please walk me through what I need to do to get back up and running? 

Best regards.

A.

EDIT: I've just built the Diglent Basys3 GPIO demo pack (https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/basys-3-general-io/start) and written it to the FPGA, and it works. So the device isn't damaged. I just need to understand why my previously working projects (with their .xdc files) are no longer working. 
Thank you. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: INFO: [Labtools 27-1434] Device xc7a35t (JTAG device index = 0) is programmed with a design that has no supported debug core(s) in it.

Hi @miakatt,

Do you have an ILA in your design?

If so, that kind of error usually happens when the ILA cannot be detected. Did you modify anything in the design, or did it worked normally one day and on the next day it stopped working?

As a first try, please close your project, go to the directory where your project is saved, and find the folder <project_name>.hw. 

proj.hw folder.jpg

Delete everything inside that folder, then reopen the project and re-run the synthesis, implementation, and bitstream and try again.

the .hw folder contains data and settings for the ILA, which might be outdated or might have been corrupted, causing it to not work anymore.

If that doesn't work, please let us know.

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor miakatt
Visitor

Re: INFO: [Labtools 27-1434] Device xc7a35t (JTAG device index = 0) is programmed with a design that has no supported debug core(s) in it.

Hi Andre,

Thank you for replying and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

My design doesn't have an ILA clock implemented. It seems that I can safely ignore the errors. I did actually manage to get everything working again (it was a case where all my previously working codes just stopped working) Unfortunately, I can't explain why things started working again. The 7-segment LEDs are still faintly lit, which they were not during the first days of playing with the device. But I'm able to run my VHDL on the device again. It seems like this is typical of how this issue resolves itself, from what I've read on other forums. 

Thank you for the information. I'm sure that will prove to be useful one day in the near future. 

Best wishes for the holiday season,

Miakatt.

0 Kudos